Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

My mother is driving me insane. She claims I allowed my sons hair to get cut to short for winter. He will definately get sick and possibly pneumonia and die now. His hair is only 1/4 of an inch long and for winter time it should be grown out. I tried to explain to her that it made my life easier. I do not have to wet his hair down every morning to make it look presentable. Which is not easy to do with a six y year old fussy child of the mornings. I view the wetting his hair before leaving the house much more of a 'cold attraction' and 'hassle'. She's going on and on about this to the point to where I'm ready to scream.



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

Your mom loves you both, but now it is your turn to be a mom. It's very hard for lots of grandparents to quietly sit by and let their kids make what they see as mistakes raising "their grandchildren". I don't recommend you allow yourself to be drawn into an hour long discussion or argument over the pros and cons of short hair on toddlers.



Hair does help keep your head warm, but since we are people and not animals we also have heated homes and hats to put on when it's cold out. The hair isn't necessary. Plus, exposure to germs causes colds, not a quick chill to your scalp. Wet hair on a cold morning can be downright painful.



You should tell your mom that you know she loves you both and that you will always consider her advice and opinion. In this case, you have made your own decision. Ask her to please let it rest so that the two of you can have a difference of opinion and still get along together.



I have to tell you that a lot of my friends have had to distance themselves from their parents because the grandparents wouldn't let them raise their kids in peace. It's a lose-lose situation. Grandparents are great sources of knowledge and loving care. There are also times that they will do things with the children that you are against. It's important to try to keep communication open, respect each others opinions, but Mom and Dad make the final call and Grandma and Grandpa have to let it go.



Good luck and I hope your mom gets herself in hand. To me it sounds silly and she needs to learn to pick her battles and relinquish her control over you.



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

He'll get sick if he doesn't dress appropriately for the weather. Make sure he has a hat on his head to retain his body heat.



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

Ah, another grandmother thinking she knows more than the child's mom. There is no correlation between short hair and death. In the cold, the body's heat escapes through it's extremities, such as the hands/fingers, feet/toes and the head. We cover our hands w/gloves, our feet w/socks %26amp; shoes/boots, and the head should be covered with any type of hat/cap, regardless of the length of hair.



I agree that sending your child out with damp longer hair is more of a hazard than sending him out with dry shorter hair.



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

Hey Crazy,



Say to your Mom, " I love you Mom. I respect your opinion but I am the parent. I have cut his hair to meet our life style. I will make sure he wears a hood or hat when it is cold or windy. Please give me room to be the parent and you can relax and be the Grandmother."



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

Ignore her. She's trying to be caring but I know what U mean! She sounds a bit old fashioned like my parents! Your son having short hair is great! Wet hair would be worse, I agree.



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

your son can have short hair. What about bald babies? They just wear a hat.



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

Cold doesn't make you sick...GERMS do!! LOL! She is a mother...shouldn't she know that? It doesn't matter how long OR short his hair is...if he's exposed to something that he's gonna catch...he's gonna catch it. My son is 2 1/2 and I use the #3 clipper on him...I think it's about 1/2 inch. I guess both of our boys will have pneumonia together...LOL!



Can short hair on a boy make him sick?

Tons of boys all over the world have short hair during the winter months and they don't get sick. To keep the head warm you put on a hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
iis web server